ANTIOX is a research group from the University of Barcelona run by Prof. Sergi Munné-Bosch. The group is working in the study of antioxidants obtained from plants such as vitamin E (tocopherols and tocotrienols), vitamin C (ascorbic acid), pro-vitamin A and other carotenoids, flavonoids (anthocyanins) and phenolic diterpenes.
ANTIOX group focus its research in two research lines: plant ecophysiology and agri-food biotechnology. The AgriFood Biotech section of the ANTIOX group aims a better understanding on how climatic conditions and stress factors such as water stress, salinity, and light excess stress, among others, affect physiology, productivity, and quality of fleshy fruits and ornamental plants. Regarding agrifood biology, our group focus its research on the study of seed aging, flower senescence and fruit ripening considering both basic and applied research. Our main goal is to transfer this knowledge to the agri-food, biotechnology and floriculture sectors for improving product quality.
More details about the research of the ANTIOX group on ecophysiology can be found on the website: ANTIOX – ecophys.
- Arabia, A., Munné-Bosch, S., Muñoz, P. (2022) Melatonin triggers tissue-specific changes in anthocyanin and hormonal contents during postharvest decay of Angeleno plums. Plant Science, 320: 111287
- Bermejo, N.F., Hoummadi, G., Munné-Bosch, S. (2021) β-Carotene biofortification of chia sprouts with plant growth regulators. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 168: 398-409
- Casadesús, A., Arabia, A., Pujolriu, R., Munné-Bosch, S. (2020) Differential accumulation of tocochromanols in photosynthetic and non-photosynthetic tissues of strawberry plants subjected to reiterated water deficit. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 155: 868–876.
- Munné-Bosch, S.; Vincent, C. (2019) Physiological Mechanisms Underlying Fruit Sunburn. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences, 38: 140–152.
- Muñoz, P. & Munné-Bosch, S. (2018). Photo-oxidative stress during leaf, flower and fruit development. Plant Physiology, 176: 1004 – 1014.
More publications of the group: publications
Grant PID2019-110335GB-I00 funded by:
ICREA Academia awarded to Sergi Munné-Bosch: